Preparing for Discharge
The NICU parent education modules have been created by the staff in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Funding for this project was made possible by the Vera Price Grant in sponsorship with the Child Protection Team at University of Connecticut Health Center/John Dempsey Hospital. The modules have been developed by the staff in hopes to better educate NICU families about the care of their baby after discharge.
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Training
After completing the three below modules, it is our hope that parents will understand:
- What Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) is and how it affects their child.
- The basics of how their child’s BPD was diagnosed.
- How BPD is treated including oxygen, medications and nutrition.
- What the baby has to achieve to go home with BPD.
- What they need to learn for the baby to go home with BPD
including respiratory assessment, medications, and safe care
The time commitment that they must provide to learn care.
(Click on each of the links below to view.)